Porsche

The sequence was created by Maurice Binder for the opening titles of the first film of the franchise , in 1962. Binder originally planned to employ a camera sighted down the barrel of a .38 calibre gun, but this caused some problems. Unable to stop down the lens of a standard camera enough to bring the entire gun barrel into focus, Binder created a pinhole camera to solve the problem and the barrel became crystal clear. Binder described the genesis of the sequence in the last interview he recorded before his death in 1991:
“ That was something I did in a hurry, because I had to get to a meeting with the producers in twenty minutes. I just happened to have little white, price tag stickers and I thought I'd use them as gun shots across the screen. We'd have X walk through and fire, at which point blood comes down onscreen. That was about a twenty-minute storyboard I did, and they said, "This looks great!"
It has also been observed that the sequence recalls the gun fired at the audience at the end of The Great Train Robbery (1903).

1 comments:

Raghul Sudersan said...
September 27, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Is it the james bond sequence? ta da ta daaan ta daaan

Post a Comment